Dear all, I have been wanting to write this blogpost for a while now. As you know I am expecting a baby in the coming weeks and in the US there is this great tradition called "Baby shower".
The original intention was for women to share wisdom and lessons on the art of becoming a mother. My blogger friends are the wisest and the great Katharina from the beautiful food-blog Katharina kocht, organised a great virtual baby shower for me with the best blogger crew in Germany. My party was everything but traditional and there were not only women invited! But there was a lot of wisdom going on!
I got up on 8th July and was so overwhelmed with the surprise. It didn't stop all day, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. I received so many lovely messages and blogposts full of love under the hashtag #MADAMELOVESBABYSHOWER.
Here is a little overview of my virtual party for you:
Decoration & flower inspiration:
From left to right and from top to bottom:
- Lovely BABY LOVE Lavender letters from my #2flowergirls colleague and friend Inga from the blog glomerylane
- Sock bouquet for my baby girl from Ann-Christin, from the blog hafenmaedchen
- gorgeous mobile from the my dear Claretti from the blog tastesheriff
DIY Inspiration From left to right and from top to bottom:
- A pennant banner tutorial from Martina from the blog FormTiere
- A DIY nappy bag from Caro from Draußen nur Kännchen
- A baby announcement card - amendable and printable from Dani from the blog cozy and cudly
- A tutorial for a lovely colourful bib from the blogger and fabric designer Susanne from Hamburger Liebe
- The lovely logo for the party was designed by my friend and jewellery designer Trixi from the blog Frau Sieben
- The PSSSST.... frame is from Sabine from the Blog Wohnbedarf, also shop owner at Freundts, where you can buy those beautiful letters.
- Julia from the blog mintlametta, made a great tutorial for a homemade baby book
Shopping guides From left to right and from top to bottom:
- My friend and wedding planner Eva from the blog Jagentin gave me some tips for a great baby card
- Igor from Happy Interior Blog and Ricarda from 23qmStil know me very well and they know that I am using most of the time from my maternity leave nesting and decorating the nursery, so they gave me some inspiration.
- Lavender shortbreads from my sweet flower girl Julia from the blog junifaden
- Sweet hearts from my sweetheart Küchenchaotin Mia
- Petits Fours à la française from Bianca from the blog ELBCUISINE
- And last but not least the great mini-handpies from the organiser of the party Katharina from the blog Katharina kocht
So my dear friends, I don't know how to say thank you and how much I love you! Baby Love is so looking forward to meeting you all in real life! Speak to you soon,